I recently had time to speak with McCready about his Ultron work in progress. The following questions are asked by me in bold, and his answers will then follow.
1) There is no other WIP in all of comic Mugen that garners more talk than Ultron. Personally speaking, no other WIP has been asked of me for an article such as this than him. May I ask how it feels to have one of the most anticipated WIPs in this genre? Does that add any pressure to you and his creation?
Is that so? I Did not know that there was this much anticipation for him. I don´t think it adds pressure though. I want him to be my best character ever, so I add that pressure onto myself.
2) How did you decide upon bringing Ultron to Mugen?
On Mugenesis, we needed a Marvel villain for our MvC project. So, I suggested we make Ultron as a team wip. I made the design and a tutorial pic to show how to turn Doom into him. We started making him with me as the "wip leader?", people would draw sprites and I would take them and make sure they all looked the same. I forgot now who did what. But a few people did about 4 or 5 animations...and then they all couldn´t anymore. So there were only Enzo and I left...but now with lots of animations done. I consider it to be a wip by Enzo and I. With help of a few friends.(sprite wise)
3) Please share your thoughts about his general comic back history and about the character in general.
I´m not a comic book expert. I like the visual aspect of Ultron and how he is to me the great Avenger foe. Also, an adamanthium robot that kills the population of an entire country is something to respect.
4) So please tell the readers what bases you are using for the character and for the various moves themselves.
Well, the main base is Dr.Doom. But i used lots of others characters, Cap.America, Sabertooth, Cable, the list is endless.
5) May I ask how the progress going on Ultron?
Ultron is currently on hold. But he´s got almost all of the sprites done, and a basic code for almost everything.
6) What has stood out the most during the creation process in a positive manner to this point? What has been giving you the most trouble?
Positive? Working with Enzo is so easy. Most animations I outlined and he shaded.
Trouble? Making the original moves.
7) Ultron is one of the most powerful characters in the Marvel Universe with a ton of different powers. May I ask how you intend to translate those into his special and hyper moves?
Sorry, but that us a secret. I just can say that he will be a boss type char.
8 ) Did I see something in the Scruffyversary video about a 2nd mode? May I ask how this will work exactly?
Also a secret. Just to words: Adamanthium / Nanotech
9) Do you plan on having any special intros and winposes with various other comic Mugen characters?
Against other chars? Yes. If we have time. But right now there is nothing to discuss on the topic.
10) So what are your general thoughts on beta releases? Can you give a possible timetable on a beta to release and/or a goal for the full release?
No beta will be released. If all goes well we will have one release. No time table can be set as he is on hold.
For more information on Ultron:
Be sure to check out Scruffy Dragon's 12 days of Christmas Event to see if anything else is shared about him.