Thursday, August 6, 2009

WIP Focus: Apocalypse by Tenchimuyo4ever



At CVG United, we had a mini competition that involved giving feedback (posts/votes) in the Character Review Database. Thunder Wolf was the winner and he chose to have me do a WIP Focus article on Apocalypse by Tenchimuyo4ever.


1) So how did you decide upon bringing this version of Apocalypse to Mugen?


As everyone knows, Capcom had already created a larger version of the character. In making him only a large version I felt, unlike usual Mugen boss characters
like Abyss and Onslaught, it really does not feel like he has a lot of variation and he is somewhat limited. And watching the old 90's television series and looking at all the epic fights he has had in the comics, I knew I really wanted to create a smaller version that utilized what he could do ability wise better.

2) Please share your thoughts about his general comic back history and about the character in general.


The most important thing about Apocalypse that I really want to put into his game play is his power to alter his own mass and absorbing and using energies used against him. This is his original mutant power before he had found and merged himself with the celestial technology and it is an ability I think people tend to forget about.

3) So tell the readers what bases you are using for the character and for the various moves themselves.


So far I'm using a combination of Zangief and Abyss mainly, although I am still working on incorporating a few other base ideas.

4) May I ask how the progress going on Apocalypse?


I am sorry to say that progress on him is currently on hold as I have a few other wips I'm concentrating on at the moment for the coming SGM Anniversary event. But in between, I have been working on the Apocalypse base a little more.

5) What has stood out the most during the creation process in a positive manner to this point? What has been giving you the most trouble?


So far I think the most positive thing about this WIP would be how well the overall design looks. Over the years, Apocalypse has had a ton of different looks, with most of them oddly looking extremely similar. What's giving me the most trouble is designing a larger base for him off of this concept.

6) So what might we see new concept move wise in regards to this new size? Well we see anything in the larger size from him?


In terms of using the Capcom sprites, I might use them in a hyper or two. As far as a smaller than the usual known larger form that is closer to his comics ability, I am still working on a version that uses a different base.

7) What kind of special and hyper moves might we expect beyond what you might have just mentioned in the previous question?


Unfortunately that is still up in the air, but I should have a few concepts soon.

8) Any hints you can share regarding any intros or winposes with other characters?


Before he is done I will be making sure to give him special intros against: Cable, Archangel, and possibly the Summers family characters.

9) Is there anything else you would like to share about Apocalypse?


Well, I think it is really important to keep the character as close to the comics and 90's cartoon series as possible and that is what I intend on doing with this WIP.

10) So what are your general thoughts on beta releases? Can you give a possible timetable on a beta to release and/or a goal for the full release?


I am not a fan of releasing betas and I cannot give a timetable for release at this point, but future updates will be coming very soon.



If you would like to follow the progress of tenchimuyo4ever’s WIP of Apocalypse, please go to:

http://sicgraphicsmugen.darkbb.com/character-wip-s-and-releases-f22/apocalypse-by-tenchimuyo4ever-t486.htm

To learn more about the general comic history of the character, please go to:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apocalypse_(comics)

http://marvel.com/universe/Apocalypse

http://www.comicvine.com/apocalypse/29-7612/



4 comments: