Tuesday, October 6, 2009

MUGEN on the PS3

M.U.G.E.N's default motif. Many different look...Image via Wikipedia
I have heard talk of running mugen on the PS3. How? Well the PS3 can run Linux and mugen can run on Linux. So although I can't try this out now ( and I really would)  it makes sense to me that it would work.

Installing Linux onto your Sony PS3
General Information

Here is a version of  MUGEN that is supposed to work on all platforms: Linux, Windows, and PSP.

Open Mugen PSP

And here is another set of instructions for installing Infinity Cat on PSP




Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

3 comments:

  1. The PS3 can't run Mugen despite being able to run Linux. The reason is that the only build of Linux Mugen is for x86 processors, whereas the PS3 uses ppc architecture. Now that Elecbyte are back, though, who knows what might happen in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for pointing that out...I just wonder why there are reports that Mugen has been run on PS3. I really wish I could try it out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why can they just put the mugen on the Xbox 360!?

    ReplyDelete