Thursday, December 31, 2009

WIP Focus: Wonderman by rozeros


Due to deanjo2000 winning the Favorite Fiction blog sprite contest at IMT, he was given the chance to select the subject of a WIP Focus article. He decided to go with Wonderman by rozeros.

1) So how did you decide upon bringing Wonderman to Mugen?

Wonderman is Marvel's Superman. He's one of the most powerful heroes in that universe. Sometime ago I saw an edit of him by Deanjo2000 and I was shocked - it was simple and really good looking. I decided to make him, because the project that I'm working on with some of the Scruffy Dragon members (MSH2), needs to have the most powerful and recognizable marvel icons.

2) What influence did Zvitor and JasonTodd's version make upon that decision?

Their version is completely different from mine, from what i saw. I haven't played it much. To be honest I often don't play Mugen, I only do characters. It's a hobby for me. I don't want to compete with them in any way.

3) Please share your thoughts about his general comic back history and about the character in general.

Simon Williams - known as Wonderman, grew up in a rich family, he was an A-student. He owes his powers to Baron Zemo, who gave Simon ionic rays. After that his strength was at 100 ton range - comparable to Thor, Iron Man or Anti-Venom. He's a powerhouse full of ionic energy.

4) So tell the readers what bases you are using for the character and for the various moves themselves.

The main base is Urien/Gill. I used also Cable, Captain America, Necro, Sagat. In the future I plan to use more bases to make him a more original character.

5) I know its early on, but may I ask how the progress going on Wonderman?

Some of the the basics are already sprited and coded, but there's still more stuff to do. I want this character to be my best.

6) What has stood out the most during the creation process in a positive manner to this point? What has been giving you the most trouble?

The best thing is that I have a scheme how I sprite him. I do three steps. Reducing colors, resizing the base, and then adding the details. The hardest thing I think, is making original moves. When I frankesprited a hypermove from Sagat and Captain America, I had to add one extra color, change the structure of the muscles to match Urien's. It takes some time, but I think it's worth it.

7) Did I see something somewhere about 2 modes? Please explain all of that further.

Yes, he will have 2 modes - Normal and Ionic. Ionic mode will be exclusive only to MSH2.

8) What moves might we see that are fairly similar to Zvitor and JasonTodd's version, but with your different take on how the work?

I also will have ionic blasts, and eye beams, but with different positions and effects. As I said earlier - I don't want to compete with them.

9) Beyond what you just said, can you tell us any more about other plans for specials and hypers?

I would like to do a hyper including all west coast avengers. Ionic blasts are inevitable for him. I want to do at least four hypers in each mode.

10) I know it did not work out completely as you envisioned, but tell us about the Wonder Gold competition and what were your motivations to do such in the first place?

I wanted to see how people imagine Wonder Gold, it's always good to achieve help from others. (Editor's note: Trexrell and I won this contest, but it was probably due more to the fact we were the only entrants.)

11) Will she have any intros or winposes with any other comic characters, and if so can you tell us about some of your ideas along those lines please?

He should have custom intros with some chars, I think of Ms. Marvel, Hulk, Ultron. It depends if I get permission from their creators.

12) So what are your general thoughts on beta releases? Can you give a possible timetable on a beta to release and/or a goal for the full release?

I don't have a date when I plan to release him. I can only promise that when I decide to do it, the character will be fun to play with. When I won't have the certainty that I did all I could - I won't release him.

Thanks for your time, rozeros. To find out more about the character in general, follow these links:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wonder_Man
http://www.comicvine.com/wonder-man/29-1465/

No comments:

Post a Comment